The College of Policing is the professional body for all who work in policing in England and Wales.
What will the College of Policing do?
The role of policing is to prevent crime and protect the public. The College of Policing will ensure all officers and staff have the right knowledge and skills to do their job.
The College will:
- set standards of professional practice
- accredit training providers and set learning and development outcomes
- identify, develop and promote good practice based on evidence
- support police forces and other organisations to work together to protect the public and prevent crime
- identify, develop and promote ethics, values and standards of integrity.